If you'd like to give a permanent home to our Guinea Pigs please get in touch via e-mail
Adoption rules below:
BEFORE YOU CAN TAKE YOUR GUINEA PIGS HOME YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN TERMS OF ADOPTION SPECIFIED BELOW
All Adoptions of Guinea Pigs from Piggy Kingdom are offered to Adopters subject to the following conditions:
- The Adopter agrees that the adopted Guinea Pig shall at all times be housed in an appropriate and humane way (that is, in a sufficiently spacious indoor cage or outdoor hutch, not subject to damp or entirely deprived of light).
- The Adopter agrees that the adopted Guinea Pig shall be daily provided with a sufficient diet of food and water – including but not limited to the following items: grass and/or hay, guinea pig food (mix/nuggets/pellets), fresh fruit and vegetables.
- The Adopter agrees that the adopted Guinea Pig shall be permitted to express its natural behaviours as far as is possible (for example, running in a protected outdoor pen and being able to graze on fresh grass is one of such natural behaviours).
- The Adopter agrees that the adopted Guinea Pig shall be taken to a veterinary practice in the event of illness, infection or injury and that the option of 'putting down' (euthanasia) is only turned to as a last resort after all others have been exhausted.
- The Adopter agrees that the adopted Guinea Pig is not being adopted for breeding purposes and will at no time be used for the breeding of offspring. Guinea Pigs are offered for Adoption by Piggy Kingdom strictly subject to the present condition.
- The Adopter agrees that s/he shall contact Piggy Kingdom if s/he is no longer able to look after the adopted Guinea Pig, at which point arrangements will be made for the Guinea Pig to be rehoused in Piggy Kingdom at the earliest opportunity.